An Ideal Alternative to the 1031 Exchange:
The Deferred Sales Trust with Brett Swarts
LISTEN HERE NOW
Brett Swarts is considered one of the most well-rounded Capital Gains Tax Deferral Experts and informative speakers on the west coast. Brett is the Founder of Capital Gains Tax Solutions and host of the capital gains tax solutions podcast. Each year, he equips hundreds of business professionals with the Deferred Sales Trust tool to help their high net worth clients solve capital gains tax deferral limitations.
Today we are talking about an ideal alternative to the 1031 exchange, the deferred sales trust. A lot of you probably don’t know what it is, but the deferred sales trust is the next big thing. It’s going to help people defer their capital gains taxes and optimize their tax strategy when selling any asset and reinvesting it in anything they want.
[00:01 – 06:32] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I introduce and welcome our guest, Brett Swarts
- Brett gives a little bit of background about himself
- The transitions in his career
- How he discovered deferred sales trust
[06:33 – 18:53] The Deferred Sales Trust
- The 3 Secrets
- Selling and deferring hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in capital gains tax
- How to legally break free from capital gains tax
- Find freedom to buy and sell your business or property without having to worry about your 1031 exchange.
- Advantages of the deferred sales trust over the 1031 exchange
- Brett shares stories where they had to help save people from a failed 1031 exchange
- How money works in a deferred sales trust
[18:54 – 31:37] The Uniqueness of The Deferred Sales Trust
- Brett talks about what makes deferred sales trust unique
- Diversification of investments
- Empowering investors to buy when they want to buy
- The pros and cons
- Getting interested about the deferred sales trust? Listen to Brett’s tips on how you can get started.
[31:37 – 37:29] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- What is the best investment you’ve ever made other than in your education?
- A 2010 half-built retail center in Arizona.
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- Jumping on the bitcoin hype train.
- What is the most important lesson that you’ve learned in business and investing?
- Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
- Connect with Brett online. See the links below.
“Our vision is to equip every single business professional including commercial real estate operators, brokers, 1031 exchange companies on how this deferred sales trust works so they too can help their clients create and preserve more wealth.” – Brett Swarts
“Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job. If you work on your job, you’ll make a living and that’s fine. But if you work harder on yourself, you’ll make a fortune and the idea is to become everything you were created to be.” – Brett Swarts
You can connect with Brett on the Capital Gains Tax website. For business professionals, visit experttaxsecrets.com. Follow them on Facebook, YouTube, and BiggerPockets. Listen to their podcast, Capital Gains Tax Solutions Podcast.
Listen to The Passive Wealth Strategies for Busy Professionals
> Check out Passive Wealth Strategies on Instagram!