Most Investors, real estate or business owners struggle with capital gains tax when they sell their assets. Brett Swarts is the President and CEO of ‘Capital Gains Tax Solutions’, and a CRE Real Estate Broker. His company uses a deferred sales trust to help them gain tax deferral, liquidity, diversification ((invest in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds) and freedom to buy investment real estate at their own timing, so they can create and preserve more wealth.
In today’s episode, we discuss the somewhat complex issue of Capital Gains, and how you can take advantage of it whilst managing a property sale.
In this episode, you’ll learn..
- Review of Capital Gains for Residential Real Estate
- Problems Capital Gains presents
- How to get around it (primary residence exclusion)
- What is a Deferred Sales Trust
- How does that relate to a 1031 exchange