Are you a Business, Primary Home or CRE owner?Struggling with Capital gain Tax?
Get DEBT FREE and Defer your Tax. Diversify income to preserve your wealth. Then create more wealth with Optimal Timing.
Are you struggling with capital gains tax & depreciation recapture?
Most Investors, real estate or business owners struggle with capital gains tax & depreciation recapture of around 30-50% of their gain when they sell their assets. We use a deferred sales trust to help them gain tax deferral, liquidity, diversification (invest in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, CRE, Business) and freedom to buy investment real estate or business by partnering with their DST trust at their own (optimal) timing (all tax-deferred) with the funds so they can create and preserve more wealth.
What you need is options – Like you, we are frustrated with feeling pressured or trapped by capital gains tax where we cannot afford to sell or must complete a like-kind 1031 exchange in order to save from paying the tax! We use to be tired of the 45 days and 180-day sprint.
You don’t have to feel trapped. We have a tax strategy and can take care of that for you. In fact, we usually get people in a better position to create and preserve more wealth by empowering you with optimal timing (buy real estate or a business at any time) and becoming debt-free.
the deferred sales trust is ideal if:
- You’re selling your business and want to defer your capital gains tax instead of paying it to Uncle Sam.
- You’re selling your primary residence and the $250,000 or $500,000 exclusion is not enough to offset your capital gains tax and you feel real estate rich and cash flow poor. You feel trapped in your home and want sell now.
- You’re ready to be DEBT FREE from your real estate or business or another highly appreciated asset and trade this for a passive or active income stream.
- You’re feeling pressured, rushed, trapped, forced to make quick 1031 exchange decisions and want to buy real estate when it’s a buyer’s market and prices make sense.
- You would like to sell high and wait on the sidelines and/or buy into a passive or active Commerical Real Estate partnership where you or they can buy existing or develop from the ground up real estate at any time all tax-deferred.
- You want to trade toilets, trash, management and liability for time, travel, liquidity, diversification and retirement
- You’re struggling with High Capital Gains Tax on the sale of your asset around 30-50% of your gain and restrictive 1031 laws holding you back from selling.
PERSONALIZED FOR YOUR UNIQUE SALE AND ESTATE
During your no-cost and no obligation consultation call. We’ll take you and your trusted advisor through the Deferred Sales Trust Structure and Strategy, its 22 years track record of over 2000 Deferred Sales Trust closed cases and 14 IRS (No change Audits). From there we will walk you through the 5 step process giving you a game plan for closing your Deferred Sales Trust. Deferring your capital gains tax and giving you options to create more wealth through investing before-tax dollars in:
- A balanced portfolio of securities
- Stocks, Bonds, Mutal Funds
- Commercial Real Estate
- Develop Commercial Real Estate
- Invest into CRE syndications
- Funding Insurance Policies
The benefits go far beyond our call
We’ll listen to your challenges and opportunities. We’ll work together to identify and clarify what may be confusing about the Deferred Sales Trust. Then, we’ll provide answers to your questions and share the DST legal track record. From there, if you would like to have the DST as an option, we will encourage you to have your legal counsel and CPA sign the non-disclosure agreement and review the Deferred Sales Trust structure and give their blessing before moving forward. Then upon request, we will give you client referrals (which fit your circumstance) for you to hear directly from the build your confidence in who we are and how we work with clients and give them access to the DST tool to help them create and preserve more wealth.
*Please note all of the above is no-cost and no obligation. The DST attorneys and Capital Gains Tax Solutions do not get paid unless your escrow closes and you choose to use the DST.
What Clients experience after implementing the DST
- Debt is paid in full for the asset sold: Freedom from the stress of DEBT & 100% passive income stream option.
- Liquidity and Diversification with access to a clear and balanced financial investment portfolio or Commerical Real Estate Syndications. Convert and illiquid assets, like a business or commercial real estate, into a diversified portfolio of liquid investments and/or up-to 80% of the funds can be invested into multiple CRE deals which can help reduce risk and volatility by preventing overexposure to a single asset class or geographical area.
- Estate Planning, at the close of the DST, moves funds outside of the taxable estate to avoid the 40% estate tax on amounts over $11M single or $22M married couple.
- Buyback into and back out of the real estate (Depreciation Schedule resets when the property is purchased in partnership with a DST) at your own timing (all capital gains tax deferred, without having to follow any timing guidelines.
- Eliminate the need for a 1031 exchange. The DST is an 1031 exchange alternative or rescue.
- Net rental income. If you buy a property through the DST you can delay the rental distribution income. This can lower your tax bracket potentially and you earn interest on the income you would have normally paid Uncle Sam
- Partnership Interest: When a partnership or other ownership group sells an appreciated asset, they do not need to remain together to achieve tax deferral, as is typically the case with a 1031 Exchange. Each Individual owner can have their own Deferred Sales Trust, the asset of which can be managed to each taxpayer’s own individual risk tolerance and preferences. This includes deferring capital gains taxes on carried interest
With a private call you GET:
- A thorough understanding of the Deferred Sales Trust framework.
- Access to the creator of the deferred sales trust tax attorney who is also a CPA for a review of the current asset or business you are selling.
- You take one step closer to becoming an expert on capital gains tax deferral options.
- Clarity on your particular capital gains tax liability and a simple process to execute the Deferred Sales Trust.
- An introduction to a Forbes Council financial advisor who shares investment options and who can connect you with current clients to make closing your Deferred Sales Trust easier.
- The Confidence the Deferred Sales Trust Strategy will work for you.
- Actionable changes you can make immediately to your deal or escrow to increase capital gains tax deferral options.
What are the fees?
ONE TIME FEEAttorney
- Tax and Legal Structure
- Includes Audit Defense for life of the trust
- Includes working with CPA to properly report your personal tax return
- This fee is tax-deductible
At Close of Trust and ANNUAL RECURRINGCapital Gains Tax Solutions: Trustee
- Tax Return $750-$1,000 range
- Out of network investments (such as real estate or funding a real estate development project or business) – double the above 50 basis points annually for a total of (100 basis points) for funds removed from the trust into an LLC, however, subtract the Financial Advisor Fees for amount directed.
- Optional 10 year Carve Out One Time Upside FEE: you may purchase outside of the trust a one-time optional option carve for 1.5% for funds directed to an LLC to invest into out of network investment. This is 10-year option to direct funds to an LLC which can buy and sell real estate in and out of the Trust all tax-deferred or .75% for 5-year term.
ANNUAL RECURRING FEEFinancial Advisor
- Depending on account size and where the funds are invested.
- + DACA Account Fee $1,500 (if DST account is less than $1M) every 18 months.
DST Clarity Overview Guide
How much will your capital gains tax cost you?
With this Deferred Sales Trust guide, we’ll help you beat the confusion that’s holding back you and your trusted advisors from embracing the deferred sales Trust. How? By showing you how the deferred sales trust works and to build your confidence in the strategy so you can create and preserve more wealth.
Book a Free Call with Brett
Listen to some of the best CRE, Luxury Realtors, Business Brokers, and Entrepreneurs interview Brett Swarts on the advantages of the deferred sales trust.