Are you struggling with Capital Gains Tax?
Most investors, real estate or business owners struggle with capital gains tax when they sell their assets. We use a deferred sales trust to help them gain tax deferral, liquidity, diversification and freedom to buy investment real estate at their own timing( all tax-deferred) with their funds so they can create and preserve more wealth.
What you need is options — Like you, we are frustrated with feeling pressured or trapped by capital gains tax where we cannot afford to sell or must complete a like-kind 1031 exchange in order to save from paying the tax! We use to be tired of the 45-day and 180-day sprint.
You don’t have to feel trapped. We have a tax strategy and can take care of that for you. In fact, we usually get people in a better position to create and preserve more wealth.
THE DEFERRED SALES TRUST IS IDEAL IF:
• You’re feeling pressured, rushed, trapped, forced to make quick 1031 exchange decisions and want to buy real estate at your own timing.
• You would like sell high and wait on the sidelines and/or buy or develop real estate at your own timing all tax-deferred.
• You want to trade toilets, trash, management and liability for time, travel, liquidity, diversification and retirement.
• You’re selling your primary residence and the $250,000 or $500,000 exception is not enough to offset your capital gains tax and you don't want to pay down the national debt.
• You’re selling your business and want to defer your capital gains tax instead of paying it to Uncle Sam.
• You’re struggling with High Capital Gains Tax on the sale of your asset around 37% of your gain and restrictive 1031 laws holding you back from selling.
“For example, a recent closed DST involved a couple who sold their primary residence for $26M in Newport Beach defer $6M in capital gains tax. After their $500K exemption, they still owed $6M. Instead of paying this $6M to the IRS, they now are earning interest on this extra $6M and living off of the interest for as long as they want to while the funds are invested in stock, bonds, multiple funds or back into real estate at their own timing (all capital gains tax deferred).”RECENT CLOSE
DST Clarity Overview Guide
With this DST guide, we’ll help you beat the confusion that’s holding back you and your trusted advisors from embracing the Deferred Sales Trust. How? By showing you how the deferred sales trust works and to build your confidence in the strategy so you can create and preserve more wealth.
PERSONALIZED FOR YOUR UNIQUE SALE AND ESTATE
It’s based on 22 years of best practices of over 2000 Deferred Sales Trust closed cases and 14 IRS (No Change Audits). The 5 step process will give you a game plan for closing your Deferred Sales Trust, saving you capital gains tax and giving you options to create more wealth through investing before-tax dollars in:
• Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds
• Commercial Real Estate
• Develop Commercial Real Estate
• Invest into CRE Syndications
• Funding Insurance Policies
THE BENEFITS GO FAR BEYOND OUR CALL
We’ll listen to your challenges and opportunities. We’ll work together to identify and eliminate what may be confusing about the Deferred Sales Trust. Then, we’ll provide answers to your questions about our legal track record. From there we encourage you to have your legal counsel and CPA sign the non-disclosure agreement and review the Deferred Sales Trust structure and give their blessing before moving forward. Then upon request, we will give you client referrals(which fit your circumstance) for you to hear directly from to build your confidence in who we are and how we work with clients and give them access to the DST tool to help them create and preserve more wealth.
*Please note all of the above is no-cost and no obligation. Our attorneys and us do not get paid unless the DST case closes.
WHAT CLIENTS EXPERIENCE AFTER IMPLEMENTING THE DST:
• Clarity of options for capital gains tax deferral
• Liquidity and Diversification with access to clear and balanced financial investment portfolio. Convert an illiquid asset, like a business or commercial real estate, into a diversified portfolio of liquid investments which can help reduce risk and volatility by preventing overexposure to a single asset class.
• Estate Planning. At the close of the DST, move funds outside of taxable estate to avoid the 40% estate tax on amounts over $11M single or $22M married couple.
• Buyback into and back out of real estate (Depreciation Schedule resets when the property is purchased in partnership with a DST) at your own timing (all capital gains tax deferred, without having to follow any timing guidelines.)
• Eliminate the Need for a 1031 exchange. The DST is a 1031 Exchange alternative or rescue.
• Net rental income. If you buy a property through the DST you can delay the rental distribution income. This can lower your tax bracket potentially and you earn interest on the income you would have normally paid Uncle Sam.
• Partnership Interest: When a partnership or other ownership group sells an appreciated asset, they do not need to remain together to achieve tax deferral, as is typically the case with a 1031 Exchange. Each individual owner can have their own Deferred Sales Trust™, the assets of which can be managed to each taxpayer’s own individual risk tolerance and preferences.
“ A business Deferred Sales Trust example included 2 Veterinarians who sold multiple practices defer $3.5M in capital gains tax. Instead of paying this $3.5M to the IRS, they now are earning interest on this extra $3.5M and living off of the interest for as long as they want to while the funds are invested in stock, bonds, multiple funds or back into real estate at their own timing (all capital gains tax deferred).”RECENT CLOSE: Business Owners
WITH A PRIVATE CALL YOU GET:
• A thorough understanding of the Deferred Sales Trust framework
• Access to our tax attorney who is a CPA and expert in the Deferred Sales Trust for a review of a current asset or business you are selling.
• You take one step closer to becoming an expert on capital gains tax deferral options.
• Clarity on your particular capital gains tax liability and a simple process to execute the Deferred Sales Trust.
• An introduction to a Forbes Council Financial Advisor that shares investment options and can connect you with current clients to make closing your Deferred Sales Trust easier
• The confidence the Deferred Sales Trust strategy will work for you.
• Actionable changes you can make immediately to your deal or escrow to increase capital gains tax deferral options.
The DST was the only suitable option to defer capital gains tax on the sale of my primary home beyond my husband and my $500,000 exclusion”RECENT CLOSE
*The following information will help us understand how to best meet your needs. Once you fill out the form we will contact you shortly to follow up or call us now at 916.886.2986.