Featured Closed Deal
Leveraging The Deferred Sales Trust To Defer Capital Gains Tax and Retire from Apartment Management
CLICK HERE TO MEET PETER: Learn how the deferred sales trust helped a long term Marin, CA Real Estate Broker and Multifamily Owner decide to not to 1031 and instead retire from the toilets, trash and liability. Brett dives in with Peter's experience in this short but insightful interview:
Please explain or expand upon your particular problem you were having before you discovered the Deferred Sales Trust?:
"I was selling an 18-unit apartment building that had a low basis since I had done a 1031 exchange from a well-depreciated property to buy it and would be looking at a 6-figure tax bill." -Peter
"I had been in touch with a number of brokers who were offering Delaware statutory trust and it was confusing to sort out who the best were to deal with."
What was different about the Deferred Sales Trust?:
Take us to the moment when you realized the Deferred Sales Trust was actually working to solve your problem.:
"Probably when you(Brett) sat down and walked me through it."
Tell us what life looks like now that your problem is solved or being solved.:
"It's a relief to be rid of the apartment building. It was a very lucrative investment, but it came with a lot of headaches that took up my time and energy."
Peter went on to discuss how the deferred sales trust was more attractive to the 1031 since he:
Welcome to my scheduling page. Please use the below link to find a convenient time for us to speak.
With a private call you GET:
- A thorough understanding of the Deferred Sales Trust framework.
- Access to the creator of the deferred sales trust tax attorney who is also a CPA for a review of current assets or business you are selling.
- You take one step closer to becoming an expert on capital gains tax deferral options.
- Clarity on your particular capital gains tax liability and a simple process to execute the Deferred Sales Trust.
- An introduction to a Forbes Council financial advisor that share investment options and can connect you with current clients to make closing your Deferred Sales Trust easier.
- The Confidence the Deferred Sales Trust Strategy will work for you.
- Actionable changes you can make immediately to your deal or escrow to increase capital gains tax deferral options.
The benefits go far beyond our call
*Please note all of the above is no-cost and no obligation. The DST attorneys and Capital Gains Tax Solutions do not get paid unless your escrow closes and you choose to use the DST.
- You’re feeling pressured, rushed, trapped, forced to make quick 1031 exchange decisions and want to buy real estate at your own timing.
- You would like to sell high and wait on the sidelines and/or buy or develop real estate at your own timing all tax-deferred.
- You want to trade toilets, trash, management and liability for time, travel, liquidity, diversification and retirement.
- You’re selling your primary residence and the $250,000 or $500,000 exclusion is not enough to offset your capital gains tax and you don’t want to pay down.
- You’re selling your business and want to defer your capital gains tax instead of paying it to Uncle Sam.
- You’re struggling with High Capital Gains Tax on the sale of your asset around 37% of your gain and restrictive 1031 laws holding you back from selling.
- You’re net worth is above $11,000,0000 single or $22,000,000 and married and you would like to move equity outside of your taxable estate in one single transaction to save 40% estate tax.
- You’re depreciation schedule on the sale of your investment real estate is low or at zero and you would like a new depreciation schedule when you buy your next investment real estate property or business.
PERSONALIZED FOR YOUR UNIQUE SALE AND ESTATE
- A balanced portfolio of securities
- Stocks, Bonds, Mutal Funds
- Commercial Real Estate
- Develop Commercial Real Estate
- Invest into CRE syndications
- Funding Insurance Policies
What Clients experience after implementing the DST
- Clarity of options for capital gains tax deferral
- Liquidity and Diversification with access to a clear and balanced financial investment portfolio. Convert and illiquid assetss, like a business or commercial real estate, into a diversified portfolio of liquid investment which can help reduce risk and volatility by preventing overexposure to a single asset class.
- Estate Planning, at the close of the DST, moves funds outside of the taxable estate to avoid the 40% estate tax on amounts over $11M single or $22M married couple.
- Buyback into and back out of the real estate (Depreciation Schedule resets when the property is purchased in partnership with a DST) at your own timing (all capital gains tax deferred, without having to follow any timing guidelines.)
- Eliminate the Need for a 1031 exchange. The DST is a 1931 Exchange alternative or rescue.
- Net rental income. If you buy a property through the DST you can delay the rental distribution income. This can lower your tax bracket potentially and you earn interest on the income you would have normally paid Uncle Sam.
- Partnership Interest: When a partnership or other ownership group sells an appreciated asset, they do not need to remain together to achieve tax deferral, as is typically the case with a 1031 Exchange. Each Individual owner can have their own Deferred Sales Trust, the asset of which can be managed to each taxpayer’s own individual risk tolerance and preferences.