If you’re like most of my clients, you’re already a high-achieving leader...
who practices the habit of investing and executing a business plan in real estate or business for many years. You’re committed to cutting cost, increasing revenues and making a contribution to the community —and seeing big profits when you sell. But you’re not just looking for one-dimensional success. You also want to have the option to retire from your business and/or the real estate business, have more passive income to free up your time, sell high & buy low and focus on other domains of life.
But there's something in the way isn't there? Capital Gains Tax, depreciation recapture and 45 DAYS TO IDENTIFY AND 180 DAYS TO CLOSE. In other words the 1031 exchange guidelines or lack thereof option for business owner or primary home owner.
‘If I were to sell I would be killed with capital gains taxes. Plus I don’t want to do another 1031 Exchange and start over with a new property, business and new management responsibilities.’ I have heard this story from multiple clients over the years. I've heard it said the best companies are started by solving a problem. Capital Gains Tax Solutions was launched to give flexibility and options to all real estate and business owners. The Deferred Sales Trust eliminates the need for a 1031 exchange since the primary need is to defer capital gains taxes. It also allows an investor to buy back into real estate at their own timing by partnering with the DST trust. My goal in buying real estate has always been to buy low and sell high and the DST gives this option. The funds can also be invested in stock, bonds and mutual funds for those who want to be rid of the toilets, trash and day to day management responsibilities.
The turnaround for me came when I realized the answer isn’t simply to continue to squeeze the purchasing real estate peg into the one size 1031 fits all hole. To me, a key performance indicator of success in commercial real estate investment is about having flexibility and tools to sell and buy at the *right time*. If you own a business, a part of success is being able to exit the business at a flexible time or at a lower price since the capital gains tax is no longer an issue at the close of escrow. The Estate Planning Team discovered how to do this over 22 years ago through a tool called the Deferred Sales Trust. As one of a few exclusive trustees of the Estate Planning Team our team can you achieve more time and flexibility with your wealth too. For this reason, Capital Gains Tax Solutions was launched.
But my favorite wins are at home. I’ve been married to my wife, Melanie, for nine+ years and we’re more in love now than ever. We have four daughters, one son, over a dozen local cousins and live next to amazing parents who live in the same town we both grew up in, Rocklin, CA.
Can we help you?
Through full transparency, laser focus on specific niche product specialty, creative alternative 1031 exchange options, (Deferred Sales Trust™ -Eliminate the need for a 1031 exchange), —we’re creating a proactive leading trustee firm. Every deal, we strive to help our clients succeed. We hope you’ll join us.
“For example, a recent closed DST involved a couple who sold their primary residence for $26M in Newport Beach defer $6M in capital gains tax. After their $500K exemption, they still owed $6M. Instead of paying this $6M to the IRS, they now are earning interest on this extra $6M and living off of the interest for as long as they want to while the funds are invested in stock, bonds, multiple funds or back into real estate at their own timing (all capital gains tax deferred).”RECENT CLOSE
DST Clarity Overview Guide
With this DST guide, we’ll help you beat the confusion that’s holding back you and your trusted advisors from embracing the Deferred Sales Trust. How? By showing you how the deferred sales trust works and to build your confidence in the strategy so you can create and preserve more wealth.
PERSONALIZED FOR YOUR UNIQUE SALE AND ESTATE
It’s based on 22 years of best practices of over 2000 Deferred Sales Trust closed cases and 14 IRS (No Change Audits). The 5 step process will give you a game plan for closing your Deferred Sales Trust, saving you capital gains tax and giving you options to create more wealth through investing before-tax dollars in:
• Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds
• Commercial Real Estate
• Develop Commercial Real Estate
• Invest into CRE Syndications
• Funding Insurance Policies
THE BENEFITS GO FAR BEYOND OUR CALL
We’ll listen to your challenges and opportunities. We’ll work together to identify and eliminate what may be confusing about the Deferred Sales Trust. Then, we’ll provide answers to your questions about our legal track record. From there we encourage you to have your legal counsel and CPA sign the non-disclosure agreement and review the Deferred Sales Trust structure and give their blessing before moving forward. Then upon request, we will give you client referrals(which fit your circumstance) for you to hear directly from to build your confidence in who we are and how we work with clients and give them access to the DST tool to help them create and preserve more wealth.
*Please note all of the above is no-cost and no obligation. Our attorneys and us do not get paid unless the DST case closes.
WHAT CLIENTS EXPERIENCE AFTER IMPLEMENTING THE DST:
• Clarity of options for capital gains tax deferral
• Liquidity and Diversification with access to clear and balanced financial investment portfolio. Convert an illiquid asset, like a business or commercial real estate, into a diversified portfolio of liquid investments which can help reduce risk and volatility by preventing overexposure to a single asset class.
• Estate Planning. At the close of the DST, move funds outside of taxable estate to avoid the 40% estate tax on amounts over $11M single or $22M married couple.
• Buyback into and back out of real estate (Depreciation Schedule resets when the property is purchased in partnership with a DST) at your own timing (all capital gains tax deferred, without having to follow any timing guidelines.)
• Eliminate the Need for a 1031 exchange. The DST is a 1031 Exchange alternative or rescue.
• Net rental income. If you buy a property through the DST you can delay the rental distribution income. This can lower your tax bracket potentially and you earn interest on the income you would have normally paid Uncle Sam.
• Partnership Interest: When a partnership or other ownership group sells an appreciated asset, they do not need to remain together to achieve tax deferral, as is typically the case with a 1031 Exchange. Each individual owner can have their own Deferred Sales Trust™, the assets of which can be managed to each taxpayer’s own individual risk tolerance and preferences.
“ A business Deferred Sales Trust example included 2 Veterinarians who sold multiple practices defer $3.5M in capital gains tax. Instead of paying this $3.5M to the IRS, they now are earning interest on this extra $3.5M and living off of the interest for as long as they want to while the funds are invested in stock, bonds, multiple funds or back into real estate at their own timing (all capital gains tax deferred).”RECENT CLOSE: Business Owners
WITH A PRIVATE CALL YOU GET:
• A thorough understanding of the Deferred Sales Trust framework
• Access to our tax attorney who is a CPA and expert in the Deferred Sales Trust for a review of a current asset or business you are selling.
• You take one step closer to becoming an expert on capital gains tax deferral options.
• Clarity on your particular capital gains tax liability and a simple process to execute the Deferred Sales Trust.
• An introduction to a Forbes Council Financial Advisor that shares investment options and can connect you with current clients to make closing your Deferred Sales Trust easier
• The confidence the Deferred Sales Trust strategy will work for you.
• Actionable changes you can make immediately to your deal or escrow to increase capital gains tax deferral options.
The DST was the only suitable option to defer capital gains tax on the sale of my primary home beyond my husband and my $500,000 exclusion”RECENT CLOSE
*The following information will help us understand how to best meet your needs. Once you fill out the form we will contact you shortly to follow up.