Grow Your Business
Do Your Clients Struggle With Capital Gains Tax and Depreciation Recapture When Selling Their CRE?
What are capital gains tax or 1031 objections costing you?
The Deferred Sales Trust Strategy is the tool to help you solve all the above & help you:
Luxury Real estate Agents
CPA & Tax Professionals
Featured Closed Deal
Leveraging The Deferred Sales Trust To Defer Capital Gains Tax and Retire from Apartment Management
CLICK HERE TO MEET PETER: Learn how the deferred sales trust helped a long term Marin, CA Real Estate Broker and Multifamily Owner decide to not to 1031 and instead retire from the toilets, trash and liability. Brett dives in with Peter's experience in this short but insightful interview:
Please explain or expand upon your particular problem you were having before you discovered the Deferred Sales Trust?:
"I was selling an 18-unit apartment building that had a low basis since I had done a 1031 exchange from a well-depreciated property to buy it and would be looking at a 6-figure tax bill." -Peter
"I had been in touch with a number of brokers who were offering Delaware Sales Trusts and it was confusing to sort out who the best were to deal with."
What was different about the Deferred Sales Trust?:
Take us to the moment when you realized the Deferred Sales Trust was actually working to solve your problem.:
"Probably when you(Brett) sat down and walked me through it."
Tell us what life looks like now that your problem is solved or being solved.:
"It's a relief to be rid of the apartment building. It was a very lucrative investment, but it came with a lot of headaches that took up my time and energy."
Peter went on to discuss how the deferred sales trust was more attractive to the 1031 since he:
ATTEND AN ONLINE WORKSHOP
Schedule a workshop to get trained
Join the estate Planning team
Implement the DST Strategy
What does this cost my client?
ONE TIME FEEAttorney
- Tax and Legal Structure
- Includes Audit Defense for life of the trust
- Includes working with CPA to properly report your personal tax return
- This fee is tax-deductible
At Close of Trust and ANNUAL RECURRINGCapital Gains Tax Solutions: Trustee
- Tax Return $750-$1,000 range
- Out of network investments (such as real estate or funding a real estate development project or business) – double the above 50 basis points annually for a total of (100 basis points) for funds removed from the trust into an LLC, however, subtract the Financial Advisor Fees for amount directed.
- Optional 10 year Carve Out One Time Upside FEE: you may purchase outside of the trust a one-time optional option carve for 1.5% for funds directed to an LLC to invest into out of network investment. This is 10-year option to direct funds to an LLC which can buy and sell real estate in and out of the Trust all tax-deferred or .75% for 5-year term.
ANNUAL RECURRING FEEFinancial Advisor
- Depending on account size and where the funds are invested.
- + DACA Account Fee $1,500 (if DST account is less than $1M) every 18 months.